This is something new and I have not tried it yet but I still thought it was interesting enough to bring forward here.
Google recently unveiled a new Ecommerce Search Solution. It looks to be geared toward big ecommerce retailers and the pricing scheme for it will depend on the number of products/items on businesses’ data feed and search queries.
The Official Google Blog says Commerce Search aims to make the otherwise cumbersome task of searching for products on e-commerce sites easier and more fun.
The features Commerce Search provides are as follows:
- Lightning fast Google searching technology applied to retailers databases enabling consumers to find the right products in a snap
- Scalable hosted solution that aims to increase seasonal query volume
- Search refinement functionality that can automatically generate groupings based on user query and matching items
- Easily manageable product promotions that provides complete control to marketers and e-commerce site administrators
- Full customization option for controlling how products are displayed on search results landing pages
- No additional adminstrative cost for deployment and maintenance
- Customized reporting and statistical analysis via integrated Google Analytics
Information on Commerce Search it can be found here:
If anyone has had any experience with this new tool I’d love to hear about it. What are your thoughts?
Better sell a few more items before installing this
Wow! I didn’t take a look at price but did know they are targeting larger retailers. I wonder why larger retailers wouldn’t have searches that are custom to their store (and effective) as well? I would imagine you could have a custom search solution developed (again larger retailers) for that amount. Very interesting.